Tag: Beauty

Sorry for the silence on this blog, but life got in the way. My cat is sick, so if someone wants to include her in their evening prayers, we'd appreciate that!

I was tagged by the lovely shelynx from Der Blasse Schimmer, which is a word play on the saying, "I don't have the faintest idea" - "ich habe keinen blassen Schimmer" in German, and the fact that "blass" means pale. I always enjoy reading blogs by other pale ladys because as you know, I don't stick out much from the wall behind me. xD (I'm no wallflower, however, and like my bright colours.)

Anyway, she tagged me on the topic of beauty, so I am going to write a little something about my views on beauty. Do share yours if you feel like it!

 Before I start, these are the rules:
  • Mention the blogger who tagged you and link to their blog
  • Write 8 things about you related to the topic chosen by that blogger
  • Tag eight people
  • Tell those eight people about it.
  • Make up your own topic for the others to write about.
 Okay, so beauty it is!

1. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Different strokes for different blokes, I guess.

2. What you love seems beautiful. So people say your boyfriend is not Brad Pitt, but to you, he's the best-looking guy in the world? Keep thinking that, you're doing something right. :)

3. I tend to have trouble finding people I don't like beautiful. I can admit they're pretty, but someone with a bad personality can't be beautiful.

4. Likewise, a smile and a great personality make someone beautiful.

5. Personality works better than make-up. :)

6. Nevertheless, I can totally admire beautiful women in magazines (or in the street *cough*) and feel a little down about not looking like them.

7. I do, however, find myself beautiful most days. Beauty is a matter of attitude after all.

8. I think my readers and friends are all very beautiful. :)

I'm not good at tagging people, but if you feel like it, I'd like to hear your views on beauty, too. :)

Comments

  1. Thank you for joining the tag. - I do think your beautiful (by the way) if the little picture top right is you. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what if it's not me? ;) But it is, so thank you! :)
    Frohe Ostern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd love to read more from you :)

    i am struggling with japanese products.. before the humid and hot weather here starts i need an arsenal of oil-control-products...
    would you mind sharing some recommendations with me/on your blog? or are you blessed with matte skin :)

    Lieben Gruß

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ringo-pyon,

      thank you for stopping by on my blog! :)
      I have combination skin that gets oily on the nose and forehead in summer. Unfortunately, my skin is also rather sensitive and acne-prone, so I try to be gentle with it and avoid harsh oil-controlling products. Instead, I blot and repowder more often.
      I do think that many Japanese sunscreens like Bioré or Sofina have rave reviews and many people have praised their oil control properties. Do keep in mind that those usually contain alcohol. Personally, I only use mild milks as my skin cannot tolerate chemical UV absorbents, but if yours doesn't mind, do try one of the aforementioned sunscreens or a gel type!
      As for foundation, I use Everyday Minerals' Matte Base, which doesn't keep my T-zone completely matte, but works better than liquids for me in hot weather.
      I am not sure where you live, though? Germany doesn't get very humid, usually "just" hot. If you live in a very wet climate, maybe you should look into local blogs and see what they advise.
      Good luck, and have a lovely, oil-free summer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Green-tinted sunscreens - a comparison

Share: Do you have any skin allergies?

Teenage Dream Last Friday Night